Monday, October 5, 2009

Casablanca, Morocco


Growing up every summer before I started going to summer camp, I would go to Casablanca to visit my mothers family. I was their little American and they took such good care of me, that being send it is a major culture shock. Besides the engagement of my beautiful cousin Fiona, the best part is the shopping.Unlike most girls I HATE SHOPPING, i let Katherine and Joyce dress me, or I would be in sweats everyday. The outdoor market has great little trinkets and furniture combined with bargain pricing. I always tried to deny my heritqge because physically a freckled pale brunette doesnt really fit in, but this trip brought be back to my roots. The arabic:french humor is like none other, they love to scream and then love each other 10 mins later, you can never say they are not passionate. I highly recomend the trip, just do NOT dye your hair with henna i once did it and was carrot top orange.

2 comments:

NICOLE RICHIE NEWS said...

I went on Holiday to Morocco 3 years ago and it was truly amazing, i think its a beautiful place & they make the most stunning furnishings.
I travelled with my Boyfriend and we went up the Kasbah mountain and on the road up we could see Casablanca.
You are so lucky to have family over there!

mbrodie75 said...

Sounds amazing!! Was meant to go there in 2003 when in Europe, but put it off due to the bomb blast that happened the few months prior. Wish i had gone... will just have to go back!