Sunday, October 11, 2009

MAD MEN - THE WIRE




When Mad Men 1st came out it was at the beginning of me dating this boy , and he was like every other boy obsessed with MAd Men. I watched 3 in a row and don't get me wrong the acting, the set dressing are fantastic, BUT, Nothing happens. I mean nothing. Now, i know I'm not a great judge of TV since I have the mindset and interest of a tween, but MAD men is not for me and it's even less for the single version of me. Another show that everyone (BOYS) love to say is a life changing show is The Wire. I would probably watch these shows if not forced upon me. For women these shows only work when trying to lure a boy or in a loving relationship and trading this for an episode of Gossip Girl. THat being said I recently got into HARD KNOCK on HBO and that to be is like THe Real DEsperate Housewives for boys..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

okay I know I just posted about Archie, but I also *LOVE* the Wire!! i only got into it this past year when they had it on HBO On Demand and it's soooo amazing and fantastic and just so impressively intelligent and *real*. (i'm female, btw) it might take a few episodes to get into it/follow, but once you do you will be hooked. :)